His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the Crown Prince and Prime Minister, today chaired the weekly Cabinet meeting, held remotely.
The Cabinet extended their best wishes to His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, and to His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the Crown Prince and Prime Minister, and citizens of Bahrain on the occasion of Eid al-Fitr.
The Cabinet highlighted the extent of cooperation and coordination between the Executive and Legislative Authorities, and their complementary work towards further progress and development for the benefit of the Kingdom and its citizens.
On the occasion of the issuance of the Royal order adjourning the third session of the fifth legislative term of the Shura Council and the Council of Representatives, the Cabinet extended gratitude to both for their roles in contributing to furthering national efforts and supporting citizens.
Moving on to highlight the International Day of Nursing, the Cabinet emphasised the importance of following all precautionary measures and getting vaccinated, as both have a vital role in supporting frontline workers, as well as patients.
The Cabinet then extended their sincere condolences to the family and relatives of fallen serviceman Corporal Ammar Ebrahim Essa, who died from injuries sustained in an operation to counter illegal fishing, and wished a speedy recovery to those injured. In this regard, the Cabinet affirmed that the measures taken by His Royal Highness the Crown Prince and Prime Minister to bring justice to those involved in the accident.
The Cabinet expressed its deep concern following the violence that has taken place in Jerusalem. The Cabinet called on the Israeli authorities to deescalate tensions and stressed the need to preserve the historical identity of Jerusalem to avoid a regional drift towards instability.
The cabinet discussed a number of memorandums during the meeting and outlined the following outcomes:
Firstly: The approval of the following memorandums:
1. A memorandum submitted by the Government Executive Committee regarding the unified calendar of events in the Kingdom of Bahrain for the year 2021, with the aim of aligning organisational efforts and providing the necessary logistical needs and support for these events.
2. A memorandum submitted by the Minister of Interior regarding the signing of an MoU between the Information and eGovernment Authority in the Kingdom of Bahrain and the Saudi Authority for Data and Artificial Intelligence.
3. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding the government's responses to 10 proposals and law proposals submitted by the Council of Representatives.
Secondly: The cabinet reviewed the following topic:
1. A memorandum from the Minister of Transportation and Telecommunications regarding the Air Services Agreement between the Kingdom of Bahrain and the Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
2. A memorandum from the Minister of Industry, Commerce and Tourism CR key performance indicators, which showed an increase in the number of commercial registrations issued during the first quarter of 2021.
Source: Bahrain News Agency