The Lebanese Association for Democratic Elections (LADE) issued its first report on the progress of parliamentary elections across Lebanon.
The report underscored intensification of competition among candidates, accompanied by laxity applying the new electoral law, which obviously calls for electoral neutrality.
With regard to the voting process today, LADE recorded the following breaches:
- Timely opening of polling stations with the exception of some.
- Shortage in supplies has been recorded in a number of polling centers.
- Disrespect for the electoral silence period, starting with the President of the Republic, who publically announced that he had voted for "Al-Ahed" electoral list.
- A large-scale breach of Article 95, paragraph 4 (secrecy of the ballot) and article 96, first paragraph (voting for people with special needs).
- Registration of some cases of violence, such as an assault against "Kulna Watani" electoral list candidate in Bint Jbeil, in addition to other incidents in Jbeil and Zahle.
Source: National News Agency